July 13, 2016
Excellent Haircut Idea for Men: The Pompadour
Men’s hairstyle trend is pretty much similar to women, but men are pretty much focused on the kinds of haircut they would have than colors and waves.
ICONIC! Every haircut impression a man must have should be iconic.
The Pompadour Hairstyle
The Pompadour was a popular men’s hairstyle this year. But the more classic style that was slicked back with extra hold pomades and lots of shine will be seen less except for guys that like their hair cut on the shorter side. Now we are seeing more modern versions of the pomp that are longer, looser, and blown dry to give some big hair styles with movement.
The Pompadour hairstyle have gone a long way from 18th century to the 50’s and finally revived unto this day.
WHAT MADE POMPADOUR HAIR ICONIC?
In a word: Elvis. The King of Rock and Roll sported a high-volume pompadour as part of his iconic style. But rock and roll didn’t give rise to the ‘do: truck driving did. In his youth, Elvis was training to be a truck driver, and the pompadour hairstyle was the cut of choice for truck drivers nationwide.
Today, there are many variations. You can have it short or long, disconnected, paired with an undercut, and more. There’s also tons of products available to help you style it, and we’ve included our favorites for you.
Guys with round faces might want to pass on this one, as it tends to round the face out. However, it’s great for most other face shapes as well as nearly all hair types.
Most barber might now be able to familiar this style but it will always work out if you can provide images and guides for them to follow.
How to style a pompadour haircut, your barber should follow these 6 steps:
- Dry your hair with a towel till slightly damp.
- Blow dry your hair on light heat while combing with a round brush. The goal is to style your hair into the general shape of a pompadour by brushing from front to back or front and diagonally, depending on how you want your pomp to look.
- Get some pomade, rub it evenly between your hands to warm it up, and work the product into your hair evenly by running your hands through your hair. We recommend starting with your sides (unless you have a faded pompadour) and slowly moving to the top. Grab more pomade to hold your front, if needed.
- Now comb and style your hair to expose the roots to the pomade, thereby creating a firmer hold. You can start by combing the sides back and then the top. If you want to have a part in your pomp, create it now.
- To give the pomp the volume it needs, comb the front upwards. You can do this by combing straight up and using your other free hand to guide your falling hair into place. This technique will also help you control how low or high you want the front.
- If the previous method didn’t work for you, another way to style a pomp is by placing your free hand in the middle of your head so it is lightly touching your slicked-back hair. Push this hand forward slowly while simultaneously combing the hair in front upwards.
Or simply download this YouTube video for a more precise guideline when getting your hair done.
Here’s a video on how to do the Pompadour Haircut:
Getting a Pompadour haircut may not be your personal barbers usual haircut but if you really need him to get it right be sure to follow this guide:
- Make sure you check out a barbers Instagram page or website before you visit them, so you know you’ll get the right cut for you.
- Have a look through the various pompadour hairstyles to see what is going to best suit your face shape.
- If you have thinning or flat hair go for a shorter pompadour style that doesn’t require a lot of volume.
- If you’re dealing with thick or curly hair go for a longer pompadour style.
- Tame your pompadour with two simple products – a comb and some hair clay or wax.
The Pompadour is just a basic hairstyle which can be styled in more way similar to the undercuts and bobs.
HERE’S AN 5 EXTRA LIST OF THE MOST BASIC MODERN POMPADOUR HAIRSTYLE YOU MIGHT WANT TO ASK YOUR BARBER:
- Skin Faded Medium Length Pompadour
- Massive Pomp with High Fade
- Perfect Classic Big Pompadour
- Quiff / Pomp with Hard Part + High Fade
- Modern Pomp / Semi-Jellyroll
Typically, a Pompadour style is swept upwards and backwards with shorts sides but as the latest male hair trends evolved it also has become more versatile and came into many varieties depending on the shape of your face and lifestyle.
If you haven’t done this haircut, you may ask your barber if he’s done it or bring with you some images as guide.
Many men have considered this hairstyle as the new sexy in 2016 men’s haircut trends that will suit almost anyone.