March 15, 2016
How to Become a Cosmetology Instructor
Cosmetology Instructor Program at American Beauty College for Quality Cosmetology
Becoming a Cosmetology Instructor
To be a cosmetology instructor you need the skills to teach others how to practice beauty techniques. Techniques and styles change and different people have varied ideas on what they call beauty. As an instructor you will need to stay up-to-date on marketing trends and changes to keep your students’ skills matched to the industry they are entering. The American Beauty College in West Covina has the perfect course for you to learn how to teach cosmetology.
The American Beauty College has been in the beauty industry for more than 40 years. They are pioneers in this industry and have the respected reputation to prepare their students with a quality and comprehensive education that prepares them to enter this field and be successful. As the third largest industry in the world, the beauty industry is always looking for new professional cosmetologists, and it takes good, competent instructors to teach them the skills needed.
What it takes to become an instructor?
To become an instructor in the cosmetology program you must first become licensed in cosmetology through a training program of 1600 clock hours. You will have already been licensed as a cosmetologist so your next step is going to be learning strategies and practical teaching skills. You need additional education beyond cosmetology school, and in order to become an instructor you will need to complete a training program specifically for cosmetology instructor certification.
The Cosmetology Teacher Trainee Program at the American Beauty College in West Covina is designed to:
* Cover all fundamental techniques and methods of application you will need to be certified as an instructor.
* Provide you with all the materials, supplies and products you will need to teach others to pass the State Board examination.
* Help you learn and retain the knowledge you will need to pass along to promising students you will later teach.
* Create a learning experience for you that is positive and lasting, and that will influence you personally and professionally as you enter into the teaching phase of your career.
What is involved in the certification program?
The program for becoming an instructor trainee at the American Beauty College is five months which will give you a total of 600 hours of quality education. This will include classroom time as well as supervised instruction. The typical courses for instructors include communication, assessment and cosmetology techniques which are performed through written and oral lessons. You will also participate in practical labs which will count towards your training hours. Many hours are spent as a teacher aide helping to give class in order to prepare for the role of teacher.
You will obtain the skills of:
* Curriculum development
* Teaching methods
* Student evaluation
When you prepare as a cosmetology instructor you will be eligible for hire at state-licensed vocational, technical or proprietary schools and beauty colleges. The American Beauty College has the program ready for you to further your education and obtain a certification as an instructor in cosmetology. They also have several programs available to help finance your education.
Types of aid for your cosmetology career
The American Beauty College has several aid opportunities available:
* FAFSA is the free application for financial aid.
* Grant Cosmetology Scholarship is money you do not have to pay back.
* Work-Study Scholarship allows you to work part-time.
* Loan Cosmetology Scholarship is money you can borrow from a lender.